This webinar has now taken place. You can find the presentation slides and a link to the webinar recording in our resources tab or by clicking here.
Landmark Chambers will be hosting a webinar on Thursday 3rd February 2022, 11.00am – 1.00pm.
This webinar will focus on the key issues arising from the consultation and the proposed changes in the consultation paper. The individual talks will be followed by a discussion and debate on the topics raised.
Thursday 3rd February 2022
11:00 - 13:00
Free to attend
• Introduction by Chair – Lord Carnwath
• What difference would the Bill of Rights make? – Alex Goodman
• Proposed statutory guidance: the presumption in favour of the common law; refinement of section 3; and article 8 – Richard Drabble QC
• Strengthening free speech – Alex Shattock
• Policy Exchange proposals – Leon Glenister
• Proposals for a permission stage, and judicial remedies – Hafsah Masood
• Questions and discussion