Our barristers pride themselves on their technical knowledge and commercially focussed advice. They, moreover, possess an exceptional breath of expertise. Thus, members are frequently instructed on all aspects of costs work ranging from arguments about special circumstances pursuant to s.70 Solicitors Act 1974 to arguments concerning CFAs and compliance with s.58 Courts and Legal Services Act 1990.
Recent costs cases which members have appeared in include:
- R. (on the application of Chapter 4 Corp (t/a Supreme)) v Southwark Crown Court  EWHC 1362 (Admin)
- Harlow DC v Powerrapid Ltd  EWHC 586 (KB)
- Candey Ltd v Crumpler  UKSC 35
- Belsner v CAM Legal Services Ltd  EWCA Civ 1387
- R. (on the application of TM Eye Ltd) v Southampton Crown Court  EWHC 2624 (Admin)
- Mirchandani v Lord Chancellor  EWCA Civ 1260
- Lejonvarn v Burgess  EWCA Civ 114
- Global Assets Advisory Services Ltd v Grandlane Developments Ltd  EWCA Civ 1764
- West v Stockport NHS Foundation Trust  EWCA Civ 1220
- Gavin Edmondson Solicitors Ltd v Haven Insurance Co Ltd  UKSC 21
- Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Trust v McMenemy  EWCA Civ 1941
- Budana v Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust  EWCA Civ 1980
- Khaira v Shergill  EWCA Civ 1687.
In addition to the services above we also provide drafting services to solicitors firms including advising on compliant wording in retainers addressing interim statute bills and termination provisions, advising on CFAs and DBAs and costs budgeting.