The NPPF: A Digest
The NPPF: A Digest
- The NPPF: A Digest
- Achieving Sustainable Development
- Delivering a sufficient supply of homes
- Building a strong, competitive economy
- Ensuring the vitality of town centres
- Promoting healthy and safe communities
- Promoting sustainable transport
- Supporting high quality communications
- Making effective use of land
- Achieving well-designed places
- Protecting Green Belt land
- Meeting the challenge of climate change, flooding and coastal change
- Conserving and enhancing the natural environment
- Conserving and enhancing the historic environment
- Facilitating the sustainable use of minerals
- Annex I: Implementation
- Annex 2: Glossary
The Supreme Court in Tesco Stores Ltd v Dundee City Council  PTSR 983 made it clear that the correct interpretation of development plan policies was a matter for the court. The same reasoning applies to national planning policy. It is important to be up to date with recent interpretations of the NPPF in the courts.
The original 2012 version of the NPPF was published in 2012. Subsequent versions have been published in the summer of 2018 and February 2019. This Digest of Decisions concerns cases where the courts have interpreted the 2018 or 2019 versions. A Digest of Decisions concerning the 2012 version of the NPPF is still available on the Landmark Chambers website; a number of these decisions may remain relevant to the interpretation of the later versions of the NPPF.
This Digest of Decisions is to provide a pointer towards the relevant cases, but no more. The quotations from cases will need to be viewed in the context in which they appear.
This online Digest is made available for educational purposes only. The views expressed in it are those of the editor, Alistair Mills. The contents of this Digest do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied on as such advice. The editor and Landmark Chambers accept no responsibility for the continuing accuracy of the contents.