This webinar has now taken place. You can find a link to the webinar recording in our resources tab or by clicking here.
Landmark Chambers and Town Legal LLP will be hosting a webinar on Tuesday 15th December 2020 at 5.30pm – 6.30pm.
There is now a wide range of permitted development rights that enable new dwellings to be created, by way of the prior approval process, without the need for a traditional planning application, including extending buildings upwards by two storeys, replacing commercial buildings with new residential development, alongside the existing conversion rights from offices and various other uses. Places will be complimentary and speakers include Meeta Kaur – Chair (partner, Town Legal LLP), Zack Simons (barrister, Landmark Chambers), Victoria McKeegan (senior associate, Town Legal LLP) and Simon Ricketts (partner, Town Legal LLP).
**This event will be hosted as a webinar. Participation is free of charge however, advance registration is required. Please note that participants will receive the joining instructions by email prior to the webinar.**
Tuesday 15th December 2020
17:30 - 18:30
Free to attend
We will look at:
• What are the opportunities, the traps and uncertainties?
• What can an LPA take into account on a prior approval application - and what can’t it take into account?
• How to crystallise your right, how does the completion deadline work and what about transitional arrangements?
• The definitional uncertainties
• CIL, section 106, conditions, appeals
• How to deal with associated works and applications