This was a five day inquiry into a proposed 33 dwelling development by Knarsboro Homes Ltd on a greenfield site. The issues included:
- the appropriate requirement figure for calculating whether the Council had a five year housing land supply;
- the level of evidence required to enable the conclusion that sites without planning permission were deliverable within five years and should therefore be included within the five year housing land supply;
- whether the whether the development plan was ‘out of date’ within the meaning of NPPF para. 14 even if there was a five year housing land supply;
- the adequacy of the ecological survey work undertaken;
- the landscape and visual impact of the development; and
- the sustainability of the site, housing land supply issues and whether the development plan was ‘out of date’ within the meaning of NPPF para. 14.
Charles Banner and Heather Sargent appeared for the Appellant, Knarsboro Homes Ltd, instructed by RPS Planning.