Landmark barrister Richard Clarke has written a book entitled ‘A Practical Guide to Alienation, Alteration and User Covenants in Commercial Property’.
Published in June 2023, this book is a practical guide for solicitors and surveyors on the workings of covenants in commercial property.
The eight standalone chapters are subdivided by topic so that you can quickly extract the key points. It also highlights the key legislative provisions and case law as well as discusses the issues likely to be encountered in practice.
The chapters cover:
· The interpretation of leases
· The implication of lease terms at common law
· Rules governing alienation covenants
· Rules governing alteration covenants
· Rules governing user covenants
· When is consent unlawfully withheld?
· The interaction between the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 and alteration, alienation and user covenants
· Remedies for breach of covenant
This book can be purchased at all major bookstores as well as directly from the publisher, Law Brief Publishing.
Click here for a sample chapter of the book.