This webinar will cover the key proposals in each pillar and debate questions and issues arising including:
1. How will housing, including affordable homes, be permitted and delivered in the newly proposed system?
2. What difference will the new proposed standardised approach to housing numbers make?
3. How will the requirement for First Homes affect the affordable housing mix?
4. How many PiPs v planning applications?
5. What are the key opportunities and banana skins for housebuilders and Registered Providers?
6. What do the proposals mean for our town centres?
7. Is the proposal for garden communities to potentially be NSIPs a good idea?
8. Pros and cons of the proposed new Infrastructure Levy v death of s106
9. Reform of SEA and EIA in the newly proposed system
10. Role of local planning authorities in newly proposed system
11. Enhanced role of Mayors/Combined Authorities and Development Corporations
including what the proposals mean for the London Plan
12. Will the new proposed system achieve better design?
13. Will the new proposed system be much quicker?
14. What further reforms are in the pipeline for the autumn to sit alongside these proposals?
15. When can it be expected that the proposals will come into effect?
16. What should applicants and LPAs do in the meantime?
17. How to respond to the consultation.