Natural Environment Regulation
Landmark is widely recognised in the legal directories as the leading set when it comes to advice or representation on complex environmental law issues. With strength in depth in planning and infrastructure, property, and public law, our barristers are uniquely positioned to advise on issues where environmental legislation intersects directly with planning and/or property law. Our barristers are frequently instructed by large corporate clients, government bodies and NGOs, in addition to environmental and other special interest groups.
Barristers are valued by clients for their breadth of knowledge and as a consequence are frequently before tribunals and the higher courts in complex environmental disputes.
Landmark barristers’ experience of EU law means they are also frequently before the Aarhus Convention Compliance Committee and the Luxembourg courts.
Proud to be at the forefront of developments in environmental law at domestic, European and international levels, Landmark’s practice is wide-ranging. Examples include:
- Air quality;
- Carbon emissions trading;
- Climate change;
- Contaminated land;
- Environmental impact assessment;
- Environmental permitting and regulation;
- EU environmental law;
- Habitats and species protection;
- International environmental law (including the Aarhus Convention);
- Statutory and common law nuisance;
- Strategic environmental assessment;
- Waste and landfill projects.