This webinar has now taken place. You can find a link to the webinar recording and presentation slides in our resources tab or by clicking here.
Landmark Chambers, Pinsent Masons and Mott MacDonald will be hosting a webinar on Wednesday 25th May 2022 at 9.30am – 11.00am.
This webinar will consider the practical and legal considerations that need to be addressed when defining a project and the indirect effects associated with it. In light of the recent decision in Finch, this will be a key challenge risk for projects moving forward.
Wednesday 25th May 2022
09:30 - 11:00
Free to attend
• Introduction by Chair - Paul Brown QC (Barrister, Landmark Chambers)
• The importance of indirect effects as an issue - Paul Brown QC (Barrister, Landmark Chambers)
• Finch and other recent case law on 'indirect effects' - Matthew Fraser (Barrister, Landmark Chambers)
• Practical thinking - the importance of defining 'the project' throughout the EIA and planning process - Nick McDonald (Partner, Pinsent Masons)
• Practical thinking - 'indirect effects' - a question of planning judgement; and how promoters can support decision makers in making that judgement - Stephanie Baldwin (Technical Director, Environment & Sustainability, Mott MacDonald)
• Questions and discussion.