Please email us to book a spot on the reserves list – email@example.com
Tuesday 26th February 2019
17:00 - 18:30
A limited number of complimentary local authority places are available. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Landmark Chambers, 180 Fleet Street, London EC4A 2HG
Following our popular seminars on basement and rooftop development, this seminar looks at the issues arising out of the conversion of offices and other commercial buildings to flats under permitted development rights, with particular focus on long leasehold property. This seminar draws on the breadth of expertise at Landmark Chambers to examine issues which commonly arise. It is aimed at property solicitors, surveyors and other professionals.
Introduction by Chair
Planning Issues - Richard Moules
- What are the rights
- What are the limits
- Common issues and pitfalls
Landlord and tenant issues - Myriam Stacey
- The need for consent for development, change of use and alterations
- Grounds for withholding consent
- Applications to modify covenants under s84
Leasehold enfranchisement issues - Tom Jefferies
- When do premises become a “flat”?
- Potential for collective enfranchisement
- What work can be disregarded as improvements?