Please email us to book a place – email@example.com
Tuesday 18th June 2019
17:00 - 19:00
A limited number of complimentary local authority places are available. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Landmark Chambers, 180 Fleet Street, London EC4A 2HG
17:00 Introduction by Chair
17:05 What is a “flat”?
- What was decided in the Aldford House case?
- Adaptation cases
- Airbnb uses
- Live/work units
- What improvements can be disregarded in creating the flat? Katie Helmore
17:30 What is a “self-contained building”?
- What is a building?
- When is it detached?
- Recent RTM and 1993 Act cases
- Can one notice be served for more than one building?
17:55 Above, below, and beyond
- Where do we stand after Queens Court?
- Airspace, subsoil and more?
- Which parts of a building are common parts?
- When is acquisition reasonably necessary?
18:25 Questions and discussion