Practice Manager Vacancy – Fixed Term Contract
Initial 12-month fixed term contract
Senior Practice Manager
£40,000 plus multiple benefits including: medical healthcare, pension scheme, death in service life cover, discretionary bonus scheme, wellbeing initiatives etc.
08:30 to 18:00
Landmark Chambers comprises 96 barristers, including 35 QCs and is a multi-award winning set of Chambers in the UK, specialising in planning and environmental, property and public law. Our members act as both advisors and advocates in all aspects of our key practice areas, both domestically and internationally.
About the Role:
Continuing Landmark’s plans for strategic growth, we now seek to recruit a highly suitable individual, with at least 10 years’ of relevant experience, to the position of Practice Manager based in our Birmingham office.
Reporting to the Senior Practice Manager and working closely with members and clients, the Practice Manager is responsible for the provision of independent practice management support to members and to ensure the provision of an efficient, professional, service to Chambers’ clients. This will be an interesting and varied role that will include taking day to day responsibility for the smooth running of Landmark’s Birmingham Office. The position is also expected to assist with the delivery of Chambers’ business development and marketing functions, including the identification of new opportunities. Principally based in Birmingham but with frequent days (e.g. once every fortnight) spent working from Landmark’s London office, this will be a unique opportunity to help take Landmark’s market presence in Birmingham to the next level.
- Liaising with clients by telephone and email, including assisting callers with choice of Counsel, case and booking enquiries – managing expectations and resolving any problems raised quickly and effectively
- Negotiating and agreeing fees for assigned Counsel
- Assisting the Senior Practice Manager with the preparation of relevant documentation for internal groups and tendering processes, including research
- Participating in and contributing to, individual members’ annual practice review meetings (in conjunction with the Senior Practice Manager).
Business Development and Marketing
- Supporting and attending business development and marketing events in Birmingham
- Attending relevant monthly Chambers’ Steering Group meetings
- In conjunction with the Senior Practice Manager, agree and implement a programme of key client visits for Midlands based client contacts (existing and targeted)
- Working to identify opportunities for business development and acting to develop new client relationships.
- Ideally with a minimum of ten years’ relevant experience. Suitable applicants will be committed and driven
- Highly professional, well presented individual capable of representing Landmark Chambers at a senior level in the Birmingham/ Midlands market
- They will possess first class communication and interpersonal skills, capable of influencing others at multiple levels
- A proven business development skillset and a keen networker who is comfortable developing and nurturing relationships with client contacts spanning Landmark’s practice areas
- Pro-active, self-starter capable of operating as an integral part of a team, but at the same time working remotely from Landmark’s Birmingham office
- They will possess the skills required to quickly become an effective member of the team and be able to assist and work closely with and advise colleagues, members of Chambers and clients
- Knowledge of one or more of Landmark’s practice areas is advantageous but not essential
- They will be able to work and deliver to multiple and competing deadlines and be efficient, with first class administration skills.
To make an application, please e-mail a comprehensive CV, covering letter and completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form, which may also be found here, to our HR and Administration Manager, Natasha White-Foy: email@example.com or on 020 7430 1221, for a confidential discussion.
The closing date for applications is 12:00 on Wednesday 11 March 2020. First round interviews are likely to take place during the week beginning 23 March 2020.
Equality and Diversity:
We encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, race, sexual orientation, marital status, religion or belief, or disability.