Landmark Chambers is looking for a Marketing Assistant to join the marketing team.
Working under the day-to-day supervision of the Head of Marketing, Communications and Business Development as well as under the direction of the Marketing and Events Manager, the Marketing Assistant is expected to deliver effectively the marketing function of Chambers. You will be working closely with Landmark Chambers’ Practice Managers who are delivering Business Development services in order to provide our barrister clients with a high-impact, strong profile/reputation in social media and a strongly client-focused service.
The role has a focus on the communications aspects of marketing and especially on online/digital marketing/social media outputs of Chambers. The Marketing Assistant will be expected to get Landmark Chambers noticed online by its solicitor clients/ prospective clients and potential lateral hire and pupil recruits. This means creating new communications with the barristers, the Senior Practice Managers and the Chief Executive.
We expect the successful candidate to be either a profile-raising and communications specialist or a very marketing-minded lawyer who will help our barristers showcase and gain recognition for their expertise, and ensure clients and targets are fully aware of our work and how we may be able to assist. Working closely with those delivering BD and events, you will assist by developing innovative marketing initiatives and reporting on their effectiveness.
Critically you will be responsible for the management of our website, social media and digital channels, as well as collating content for our electronic client communications. You will identify and co-ordinate submissions to industry awards and directories and update and produce new marketing collateral.
Website and Social Media
- Taking primary responsibility for our website and its content, as well as managing the relationship with our web designers; assisting barristers in the drafting of news updates and their website profiles; ensuring a fair and balanced presentation of the casework of all practice teams in line with our news policies
- Uploading and editing content on Landmark’s websites
- Overseeing our social media accounts, and advising on appropriate content, particularly Twitter and LinkedIn as well as other platforms such as YouTube and Buzzsprout.
- Designing a system which ensures we pro-actively identify and market barristers’ high-profile cases and other work
- Engaging with barristers to identify and develop core themes and topics for seminars, white papers, video content, and other thought leadership initiatives, and ensuring that content is delivered through our e-newsletters, blogging and other digital outlets in tandem with our Marketing Manager, assisting in organising face to face or webinar delivery.
- Liaising with barristers, Practice Managers and the Head of Business Development, Marketing and Communications design and deliver targeted campaigns
- Ensuring client data and information are accurate at all times through close consultation with clerks and market data.
Print Materials and Promotional Materials
- Development of all marketing collateral including team brochures as well as regular subsequent review or potential improvements and updates
- Ordering replacement business cards and branded stationery
- Sourcing and ordering appropriate promotional items for events.
Directories and industry awards
- Co-ordinating processes for making submissions to industry awards and legal directories, engaging with barrister team leaders as appropriate, and managing relationships with external support tasked to provide assistance.
- Managing the calendar of pupillage events as well as attending the events
- Assisting the Marketing Manager with PowerPoint presentations, brochures and all other communications materials for external pupillage events as well as researching and ordering promotional items.
Administration and Other
- Producing agendas and minutes for all marketing-related meetings
- Preparing travel itineraries for international trips
- Supporting the practice management team with venue research and bookings for BD events/entertaining as required
- All other duties as reasonably required of the role.
Qualifications: ideally educated to degree level but not essential. Either CIM qualification or law qualification preferred.
Experience: Experience of law/legal terminology is essential; previous experience of a legal services business would be helpful but is not essential.
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrable understanding of e-marketing and content marketing techniques, as well as good experience of digital marketing
- Creative thinker, with a flair for writing marketing communications, you will take pride in your attention to detail
- Ability to achieve quick buy-in from barristers and other senior stakeholders using your exceptional responsiveness and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to manage and prioritise workloads.
Terms of Appointment/Remuneration:
- The role could suit a marketing savvy, wordsmith-law graduate or a marketer or journalist working in a junior role in the legal sector
- The role is based at Landmark Chambers on Fleet Street, London, and there will be occasional travel required
- Option for an element of home working once settled in the role on a basis to be agreed with the Head of Marketing, Communications and Business Development.
Hours: 09:00 to 17:30, full time or part time. Extended hours may include evenings and weekends in order to facilitate events. Based in Landmark’s Fleet Street office with occasional travel to other venues as required. Some opportunity for remote working on an agreed basis.