Professor Peter Cameron will speak on ‘The Future of Investment State Dispute Settlement and the Implications for the Energy Industry’ at the 6th annual ITA-IEL-ICC Joint Conference on International Arbitration. The conference, to be held 24-25 January in Houston, Texas, will be presented by The Center for American and International Law’s Institute for Transnational Arbitration and Institute for Energy Law in collaboration with the ICC International Court of Arbitration.
The conference will cover key arbitration challenges and opportunities for the energy sector and their implications for cross-border commerce and international investment, featuring an outstanding faculty of international arbitration and energy experts. The conference has established itself as the primary event for international arbitration in the energy business. More than 230 participants from across the United States and more than 10 countries are attending.
Other highlights include:
- Technology and International Arbitration
- Climate Considerations in Energy Disputes
- The Top 10 Developments in International Energy Arbitration
- The future of international energy disputes from the client perspective with in-house counsel from ExxonMobil, Occidental Petroleum, BP America and Encana Corporation.
- Houston International Arbitration Club
- Kay Bailey Hutchison Center for Energy, Law, and Business at The University of Texas at Austin
- University of Dundee Centre for Energy, Petroleum & Mineral Law & Policy
The conference will be held at the Hilton Post Oak Hotel in Houston, Texas. For more information and to register, see the conference program.