To be notified of future videos in the series, please see the “Contact / Subscribe” page.
The videos can also be viewed directly on YouTube via the “Planning Law Tea Break” channel.
The first seven episodes are now available and cover the following:
- Episode 1: an introduction to Planning Law Tea Break; discussion of Gladman v SSHCLG on the application of the tilted balance in the NPPF.
- Episode 2: DCO applications – discussion of Sawkill v Highways England on powers to enter land to undertake surveys.
- Episode 3: compulsory purchase – discussion of the Upper Tribunal decision in SST v Curzon Park Ltd on certificates of appropriate alternative development.
- Episode 4: consistency in decision-making – discussion of recent High Court and Court of Appeal decisions.
- Episode 5: how to get to the “tilted balance”? Discussion of the Wavendon Properties, Paul Newman New Homes, Eastleigh BC and Monkhill
- Episode 6: Green Belt – discussion of R (o.a.o Samuel Smith Old Brewery) v North Yorks CC on openness and of Compton PC v Guildford BC on exceptional circumstances.
- Episode 7: Dill v SSHCLG on listed buildings; Mayor of London v SSHCLG on departures from statements of common ground; and Packham v SST on bringing judicial review claims “promptly”.