Business Tenancy Renewal
- Adverse Possession, Boundaries and Easements
- Agricultural Tenancies
- Business Tenancy Renewal
- Commercial Landlord and Tenant Disputes
- Contracts of Sale, Options and Rights of Pre-emption
- The Electronic Communications Code
- Estoppel and Equitable Rights
- Land Registration
- Leasehold Enfranchisement
- Mortgages, Charges, Charging Orders and Securitisation
- Nuisance and Environmental Disputes
- Party Walls
- Property Development
- Rating and Valuation
- Residential Tenancies
- Restrictive Covenants
- Rights to Light
- Squatters and Protesters
- Trusts of Land
- Village Greens, Commons and Manorial Rights
At all levels of seniority, advice and litigation relating to business tenancies under the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954 forms a core specialist area for Landmark’s property team. Its members regularly advise and represent a broad range of clients, from major institutional landlords and high street retail chains to tenants of single premises, in relation to the renewal of business tenancies or their termination.
Members of the team have been involved in many of the most important cases in this field in recent years, including S Franses Ltd v The Cavendish Hotel (London) Ltd (which is shortly to reach the Supreme Court) and Humber Old Terminals Trustees Ltd v Associated British Ports.
A number of members of the team have been recognised in Chambers & Partners and the Legal 500 for their expertise in this specialist area, and the team includes barristers who contribute to leading practitioner works on the subject, and who contributed to the 2003 revisions of the Act.