Following a directions hearing on Thursday 4 October 2018 Mr Justice Holgate has indicated that five judicial review claims seeking to challenge the Airports National Policy Statement: new runway capacity and infrastructure at airports in the south-east of England (“the Airports NPS”) will be heard at a rolled-up hearing in March 2019 before a Divisional Court.
The Airports NPS was designated on 26 June 2018.
The five claims are brought by:
- CO/2760/2018 – Neil Spurrier
- CO/3071/2018 – Heathrow Hub Limited and Runway Innovations Limited
- CO/3089/2018 – The London Boroughs of Hillingdon, Wandsworth, Richmond-Upon-Thames; Hammersmith & Fulham; the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead; the Mayor of London and Greenpeace Limited
- CO/3147/2018 – Friends of the Earth
- CO/3149/2018 – Plan B Earth
A sixth judicial review was earlier refused permission to apply for judicial review.
Andrew Parkinson is junior counsel for Friends of the Earth instructed by Leigh Day & Co.
Richard Turney is junior counsel for Heathrow Airport Limited instructed by Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner.
Christopher Katkowski QC and Charles Banner are appearing for Arora Holdings Limited instructed by CMS.